Ogasawara Kaiun, Ltd. ("we") is implementing the following policies for the purpose of protecting the confidentiality and use of personal information obtained from our customers by our sales department, by our branch offices, through our website, and by any other such means.
Protection and Management of the Customers' Personal Information
- We shall make our best effort to manage personal information received from customers so as to protect it against loss and improper access and to prevent its disclosure to unauthorized parties.
- We shall abide by all laws and statutes related to the protection of personal information.
- We shall periodically review our protection system, and shall continuously improve the system as needed.
- We shall, except in certain cases, implement SSL (secure socket layer) encryption to secure those pages on our website that require the use of personal information, so as to protect such information against exposure in the event of improper access or viral attack. Under SSL protocols, personal information entered by the customer is encrypted prior to its transmission over the network, so that any third party that grabs the data during its transit will be unable to read it. In addition, we shall make our best effort to properly manage those areas of our system that do not use SSL encryption so as to protect the customer's personal information, and we shall not, absent the customer's consent, disclose such personal information to anyone other than those who are in our own company and those working in associated companies that have concluded an appropriate confidentiality agreement with us.
- In the event that we outsource the processing of personal information, we shall require the outsourcee to conclude a confidentiality agreement, and we shall continue to exercise appropriate management and monitoring with respect to that information. We may, however, use the personal information obtained by our sales department or branch office, or through our website, for the purpose of contacting the customer; and we may also use it, within appropriate limits, for the purpose of providing services that the user has requested; and we may also use it for the purpose of providing the customer with information and guidance about new travel products. We shall not, absent the customer's consent, disclose such personal information to anyone other than those who are in our own company and those working in associated companies that have concluded an appropriate confidentiality agreement with us (except as may be required by law).
- Customers using our website do so under their own responsibility.
- Third parties whose websites and services are accessed through our site are independent of us and will assert their own rules and their own policies regarding appropriate and inappropriate activity. We have no obligations or responsibility of any kind in relation to these rules and activities.